Monday 7 September 2015

Homemade Chocolate Cookies 自制巧克力饼干


Today I had my first mother and son baking session. What you see here are the fruits of his labour. Notice those slightly-flawed homemade chocolate cookies? I am loving it. My two and a half year old truly enjoyed cutting out the cookies. He was so impatient that he ate the cut out cookies even before it goes into the oven. While the cookies was baking, he was running here and there using all his restraint not to touch the cookies. It was really a memorable experience both for him and myself. If you mummies out there have not tried doing such thing, I highly recommend this. It was a wonderful bonding experience.





I used part wholemeal flour to add nutrients and fiber to the cookies. You may replace this with plain flour. I also used dutch processed cocoa powder as I have some leftovers but normal cocoa powder would suffice. Dutch processed cocoa powder would give the cookies a darker colour (something like the colour of Oreo cookies). This recipe does not yield a lot as I was just testing out my new invention. Please feel free to double or triple if you have a herd to feed. I guarantee you your homemade chocolate cookies will be polished off in a speed of lightning. Yes, the chocolate cookies was a success both in taste and purpose. As of now, half of my chocolate cookies are already gone. 




Homemade Chocolate Cookies 自制巧克力饼干

Makes approx. 20-30 cookies (depending on size)

Ingredients

70 g flour
50 g wholemeal flour
22 g cocoa powder (I use dutch processed powder)
40 g brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp ammonia bicarbonate (optional)
60 g butter, cube and frozen
30 g condensed milk
2 tbsp water

Cooking Instruction


1. Add flour, wholemeal flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, ammonia bicarbonate and butter into a food processor. Pulse to combine. Then add in butter. Pulse until it resembles coarse meal.



2. Add condensed milk and water while pulsing until all are nicely combined. The dough should be loose but hold together well when squeezed. 



3. Remove mixture and form into a dough. Put dough in between two pieces of baking papers. Roll dough into a disk of 1/4 inch thick.

4. Preheat oven to 170C. Using cookie cutters, cut out cookies and place on baking tray lined with baking paper. If you do not have cookie cutters, just cut into squares.

5. Put into preheated oven and bake for 15 mins at 170C.

6. Remove cookies and cool completely before storing in air tight containers.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your dropping by to The Informal Chef. If you like what you have read and would like to SHARE this with your friends, kindly click on those little buttons available on top. I am also available in the following social medias:

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/theinformalchef
PINTEREST: https://www.pinterest.com/christineyong74/
BLOGGER: theinformalchef.blogspot.com

Add "like" in FACEBOOK, "follow" in PINTEREST, or add your email to my BLOGGER's e-mail or RSS feed to keep abreast with my latest postings.

Look forward to your comments. Cheers!