Friday 26 January 2018

Simple Cheezy Fish Fillet Parcels 简单芝士鱼包





I am not even going to lie. I am not even writing a recipe from scratch today. Pacific West has made it so easy for me that I do not have to prepare my own fish fillets. Yes, I cheated. I used fish fillets from Pacific West to make these. To be honest, I was ecstatic when they came out with a cheezy version. Just the extra umph that I need for the perfect parcel of goodness in one bite. I have always believed in Pacific West's products, ever since I used their tempura fish fillets for my Fish and Chips menu many years ago. Nowadays, Pacific West seems to have a diverse range of products to include Calamari Rings, Prawns and with also various preparation too!

As the fillets comes ready to cook with flavour and crunch, you really do not need to add anything to it. You don't even have to defrost! But if you insist on getting extravagant, here are some suggestions:
1. Fried Calamari in Thai Chilli Sauce - perfect to go with your beer during this festive season;
2. Cheezy Fish Fillet Gua Bao - a perfect example of east meets west. Trust me, it is easy to prepare and it will guarantee to be the conversation point for your coming reunion dinner.




Talking about reunion, I was pretty happy that I came out with the perfect appetizer for this occasion. Once again, I cheated by using Pacific West's Cheezy fish fillet because it saves me tons of time. Keyword here is EASY. I am using readily available ingredients. I like the crispy crunchy bite and the small kids love anything cheese (don't ask me why). I even thought of a name for it...年年有余 (鱼).. basically meaning every year have excess. Have a nice one this New Year! Here is the method:

Ingredients:
Serving for 5 person

5 Mini mantou, fried
1 large pc of CHEEZY FISH FILLET, fried
5 pcs cherry tomatoes
10 slices zuchini
2 tbsp Hoisin sauce

Method:




1. Cut fried mantou horizontally into two. Arrange cucumber slice on the mantou.




2. Cut CHEEZY FISH FILLET into bite-size that fits the mantou. Arrange on top of mantou.




3. Using a skewer, poke through a cherry tomato, Sandwich the fish with the remaining mantou and secure with the skewer. 






4. Use a pastry brush to apply some Hoisin sauce on top of a plate. 







5. Arrange finished fillet parcels on top, Serve with some greens. And voila! you are good to go.


Pacific West is currently running a Cheeziest Smile Contest. All you have to do is put your best smile forward (or your cheezy smile forward) and snap a photo. Then upload it to their facebook page or Instagram. It is not too late to join as contest will only end 28th February. Prizes include action cameras, CASH!!! and vouchers. You can click here for more details.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your dropping by to The Informal Chef. If you like what you have read and would like to SHARE this with your friends, kindly click on those little buttons available on top. I am also available in the following social medias:

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/theinformalchef
PINTEREST: https://www.pinterest.com/christineyong74/
BLOGGER: theinformalchef.blogspot.com

Add "like" in FACEBOOK, "follow" in PINTEREST, or add your email to my BLOGGER's e-mail or RSS feed to keep abreast with my latest postings.

Look forward to your comments. Cheers!